10/20/09

Teaching Crochet at the Library

So, I've taken on the adventure of teaching a crochet class to an assortment of interested women. Our public library is very community oriented and after an artfair that they organized for we crafters to display our talents, they invited us to further put ourselves out there by sharing our love with others who would like to learn.


Cool!


So I decided to do this,....without much thought really, just a lot of hope and POSITIVE THINKING. Yeah, that's me: "Everything will be fine!"


Well, two weeks into this I must say that the results have been a mixture of surprise and pride... we aren't as far along as I thought we would be. It's a 4 session course in the month of October. I chose something I thought would be simple yet provide a challenge.

BOY DID IT EVER!!! We were stuck for the whole first class on the magic ring of 8 single crochets!!!

We worked on them the second class too when, ideally, we would be on the body or the limbs, but I was proud of them because all but one lady came back and they are determined to get it!!! We might even end up with a little stitch group meeting Wednesdays in the library while my daughter has her tutoring lessons!


And my ability to write a decent pattern sure evolved. I got a lot of helpful feedback from the ladies and also discovered some major mistakes that needed correcting.


Overall I am having a wonderful time and will be sad to see it come to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment